(Current) Research Interests
- Simulating Quantum Systems with Quantum Computers
- Connections Between Number Theory/Topology and Quantum Information
September 2020 - Present, Mathematics Specialist, University of Toronto, GPA: 4.0/4.0
May 2021 - Present, Quantum Resident, Xanadu Quantum Technologies
June 2020 - August 2020, Quantum Software Intern, Xanadu Quantum Technologies
- Working under the supervision of the quantum algorithms team on building
out end-to-end quantum algorithms for computing vibronic properties of molecules.
- Research is funded by a MITACS Accelerate grant.
- Wrote tutorials for the PennyLane gallery on on the Variational Quantum Thermalizer and Quantum Graph RNNs
- Worked under the supervision of the software and quantum algorithms teams as the core developer building out a
QAOA module in Xanadu's QML library, PennyLane. This work
included writing a tutorial on the new functionality.
- Made other, minor contributions to the PennyLane codebase.
June 2021 - Present, Pseudo-Member, the CS Quantum Group at Virginia Tech
July 2019, Summer Student, Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics
- Working (informally) with Jamie Sikora on understanding connections between distributions of coprime numbers
and quantum information
October 2019 - Present, Qiskit Advocate, IBM Quantum
- Attended the International Summer School for Young Physicist (ISSYP)
September 2018 - May 2019, Participant, University of Toronto Math Mentorship Program
- Worked on chapters for the Qiskit textbook, specifically the ones on the Variational Quantum
Linear Solver and introductory linear algebra.
- Worked with Abdullah Hadi, under the supervision of Assaf Bar-Natan, on understanding the connections
between game theory and topology